Governor Relaxes Some Phase 2 Restrictions
Newly relaxed restrictions on movie theaters, restaurants, real estate, youth sports, adult recreation, league games, and more.
On October 6, Governor Inslee announced more activities will be permitted in each county statewide, depending on their specific Recovery Phase.
Under the new protocols, in Phase 2 counties, movie theaters will be able to operate at 25% capacity, but facial coverings and 6 feet of distance between households will be required.
In addition, restaurants in Phase 2 counties can now serve alcohol until 11:00pm (instead of 10:00pm), maximum table size has been increased to six individuals, and indoor dining groups need not be comprised solely of household members.
Real estate open houses will now be allowed within each county’s size-limit for gatherings, and some indoor activity is allowed at libraries, at 25% occupancy.
Additional protocols will also be released for a variety of outdoor group sports with more than a dozen participants, such as: bicycle rides, fun runs and marathons, kayak and canoe races, triathlons, ski races, and others.
More youth sports and adult recreation, including some league games, in both indoor and outdoor settings, will be allowed depending on specific risk factors for each sport, without spectators. Youth football is not yet allowed due to the amount of close contact.
Wedding reception limits in Phase 2 Counties remain at 30 individuals.
Click on the links below for Phase 2 updates:
- Library Services – issued October 6
- Dine-in Restaurants and Taverns – issued May 11; updated October 6
- Miscellaneous Venues – issued September 22 (memo); updated October 6
- Movie Theaters – issued October 6 (memo)
- Outdoor Recreation - Biking, running, cross country skiing, non-motorized boating, etc. – issued October 6
- Real Estate – issued May 19 (memo); updated October 6
- Sporting Activities – issued June 5; updated October 6 (memo)
- Weddings, Funeral, and Memorial Services – issued June 18; updated October 6
For updated information for occupancy loads during Phase 2, review this help sheet provided by the Mercer Island Fire Marshal: Phase 2 Occupancy Load Help Sheet - UPDATED
All issued guidance is posted on the Governor’s COVID-19 webpage.