Grants Available for Art and Cultural Organizations Through WA DOC
ArtsWA CARES Act Relief Grants available to nonprofit arts and cultural organizations.
The Washington State Department of Commerce and ArtsWA, Washington's state Arts Commission, have partnered to provide federal CARES Act funding to art and cultural organizations impacted by COVID-19.
Grants are available up to $10,000 each, and no funding match is required. Download application guidelines here.
Who is Eligible?
- Nonprofit arts and cultural organizations that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and have current federal tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including those affiliated with tribal organizations.
- Fiscally sponsored groups and organizations that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note: Fiscally sponsored applicants must be sponsored by nonprofit organizations that have arts, culture, and/or heritage in their mission statement.
Who Is Not Eligible?
- For-profit organizations
- Political or advocacy organizations
- Government agencies, universities, colleges, academic departments, or entities with significant public funding
- Organizations based outside of Washington
- Washington State law prohibits funding of parochial schools or other organizations with a religious affiliation or purpose
For information about the application process, criteria, and more, visit https://www.arts.wa.gov/cares-act-grants/