February 13 Snowstorm Update (7:00pm)
(7:00pm) Mercer Island received close to 8 inches of snow overnight and a few more inches today. City crews were out all day plowing main arterials.
Snow is now expected to taper through the evening with possible accumulations of an additional 1-2" through 9:00pm tonight. On Sunday, we may see an additional inch of snow and icy roads Sunday night. Rain is expected by Monday afternoon and evening as temperatures recover into the low 40s -- please clear storm drains in your neighborhood if safe to do so, in order to avoid localized flooding from snowmelt.
Today’s road closures will remain overnight into Sunday (Feb 14) for safety. This list may change at any time:
- Gallagher Hill (both directions)
- SE 40th St from 76th Ave SE to West Mercer Way (both directions)
- SE 24th St from 76th Ave to West Mercer Way (both directions)
- SE 53rd Pl from ICW to East Mercer Way (both directions)
- SE 72nd St to West Mercer Way
- SE 70th Pl to East Mercer Way
- Shorewood Dr from North Mercer Way
For 24/7, non-emergency assistance through the weekend, please call the City's Dispatch Center at 425-577-5656. For emergencies, always call 911