Recology Service Canceled for December 29
Due to inclement weather, Recology King County has canceled collection services for Wednesday, December 29 for all residential and most commercial customers.
Customers who missed collection this week will be permitted to put out double the usual amount next week at no additional charge.
Recology also offers the following tips on how to store and reduce excess material:
- Double bag extras to place next to your garbage bin on the next service day
- Store material in a dry location if possible
- Place extras in personal carts for use on service day
- Properly sort garbage and ensure food waste and paper towels are in your compost/yard waste bin
- Place extra recyclables in cardboard boxes and paper bags to be put out next to your recycling bin on service day
- Store recyclables in a dry location until service resumes
- Crush cans and break down boxes to decrease volume
- Tie cardboard boxes together with twine or rope
- Freeze excess food waste to reduce smell until serviced
- Store compost in a dry location if possible
- Pack yard waste into paper bags or wrap with twine and place it next to your compost/yard waste bin
Visit the Recology website for more information.