City Receives BIG Grant for Luther Burbank Dock Renovation

The City of Mercer Island has been awarded a federal Boating Infrastructure Grant (BIG) to renovate the north pier at the Luther Burbank dock. The $379k grant is for both design and construction and covers 75% of the project costs. The City will contribute the remaining 25% match. This federal grant program is administered by the Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO) to develop and renovate boating facilities targeting guest recreational boats 26 feet and larger. The grant application was supported by Friends of Luther Burbank Park, Mercer Island Community Fund, Mercer Island Chamber of Commerce and the Recreational Boating Association of Washington. Construction will be coordinated with other elements of the overall project such as the new floating dock and shoreline access improvements. Construction is expected to be completed in 2024.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing:">Load Comment Text</span>